Home Sweet Home

I live in the semi arid desert region of West Texas called the Permian Basin. A road trip through our part of the country offers amazing views of the sky – bright golden sunrises and watercolor sunsets so immense that they take your breath away. The land is incredibly flat and sprinkled with mesquite trees, cactus and the occasional wild flower. Breaking the monotony of the landscape, oil wells, pump jacks and wind turbines accent the horizon. Cattle ranches spread far and wide sharing the natural resources that West Texas offers. The birthplace of a U. S. President and the home of "Friday Night Lights," Odessa offers a beauty all it's own. It is a good place to build a life.



NO SKY LIKE A WEST TEXAS SKY

NO SKY LIKE A WEST TEXAS SKY
No sky like a West Texas sky

The Love of My Life

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life

THE JOYS OF MY LIFE

THE JOYS OF MY LIFE
The Joys of my Life

Friday, May 28, 2010

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

I will never forget my first day of school as the Nimitz Choir Director. Fifteen years ago, with butterflies in my tummy, I opened the door to the hallway outside my classroom. Because I had arrived quite early in the morning, the rays of the sunrise were gleaming through the glass windows at the other end of the hallway. I remember thanking God for sending me a sign that this was the right place for me at that time. This morning, as I entered the building for the last time, I was amazed to see the same thing! Maybe nobody else noticed God's rays of hope, but I did. Thank you, God for sending me another sign that this is the right move for me again. Through all the changes in my life, God's love has never changed.

No comments:




ME AND MY BFF

ME AND MY BFF
Bonnie Sinclair Floyd