Home Sweet Home

I live in the semi arid desert region of West Texas called the Permian Basin. A road trip through our part of the country offers amazing views of the sky – bright golden sunrises and watercolor sunsets so immense that they take your breath away. The land is incredibly flat and sprinkled with mesquite trees, cactus and the occasional wild flower. Breaking the monotony of the landscape, oil wells, pump jacks and wind turbines accent the horizon. Cattle ranches spread far and wide sharing the natural resources that West Texas offers. The birthplace of a U. S. President and the home of "Friday Night Lights," Odessa offers a beauty all it's own. It is a good place to build a life.



NO SKY LIKE A WEST TEXAS SKY

NO SKY LIKE A WEST TEXAS SKY
No sky like a West Texas sky

The Love of My Life

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life

THE JOYS OF MY LIFE

THE JOYS OF MY LIFE
The Joys of my Life

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING

Let the good-byes begin. Today, I started breaking away. First of all, I posed for this silly photo surrounded by all the trophies my choir has earned over the past 15 years. I always tell my students that awards in themselves are worthless, but the value is in the superior performance level that they represent. Looking at that cluster of trophies took my breath away. My mind took me back to kids that I have worked with over these years. I thought about the tremendous amount of time and effort that went in to each award. I also realized the personal price that I paid for each trophy. A lifetime of work is represented here. Work that I am very proud of. Work that I hope touched the lives of my students. Work that I am ready to pass on to another generation. U.I.L. - you and I are finished - I'll just sit back and enjoy being the judge.

No comments:




ME AND MY BFF

ME AND MY BFF
Bonnie Sinclair Floyd